Emilio Canal Jr, D.D.S., F.A.S.D.
Dr. Canal completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Miami, Florida. He then received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Georgetown University School of Dentistry in 1990.
Dr. Canal serves as dentist for the following teams:
- Major League Soccer team D.C. United
- U.S. Soccer Federation teams
- South Lakes High School
- Oakton High School
- U.S. Women’s Lacrosse (both Elite and Developmental teams)
Dr. Canal is a Member of the U.S. Lacrosse Sports Science and Safety Committee, and is on the U.S. Soccer Federation Medical Advisory Committee. He is a Fellow of the Academy for Sports Dentistry and was elected President of the Academy in 2000. Dr. Canal also received the Distinguished Service Award from the Virginia Interscholastic Athletic Administration Association in 1999. He was voted top rated dentist in the Washington Checkbook Magazine for 2005 and mentioned by Washingtonian Magazine in 2006, as one of the Top Dentists in the Washington Metro area, as selected by his peers.
His professional association include:
- American Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Academy for Sports Dentistry
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Academy of Oral Medicine